Monday, May 01, 2006

Music.

After much thought, Siva(one of my best friends & bandmate) and I have concluded that music isn't all about melody. Well in our opinions, Noise could be considered part of the music genre. I was just looking through the dictionary to find out the meaning/definition of the word, Music, and it read "An aesthetically pleasing sound". Any sound that pleases you should be called music in my opinion. Now, ever heard of the saying "Her voice is like music to my ears"?. You always read that shit in books, and most of the time, HER VOICE always refers to her talking, yes, talking, not Singing. Well, If I was a typical radio-friendly mainstream asshole, then I would believe that talking isn't music, only something with melody is a music.

And I think that's bullshit. To me, music is anything that is pleasing to YOUR OWN ears. It could be the sound of rain, the electrical fan, aircon, cats meowing. That is my definition of music, anything that is pleasing to your own ears. and I consider Noise to be part of music, I consider anything that makes a particuluar sound to be music. Obviously, not all us like some noises, it's all up to your own personal preferences.

Onto my next topic, I believe people who do not like Metal or Hardcore music or anything heavy in general should shut their pieholes instead of insulting the kind of music they cannot appreciate. I listen to everything mind you, that includes Jazz and Electronica too, in case you think I'm a narrow-minded bastard.

There are alot of talented bands out there that don't receive enough recognition because of the invasion of these radio-obsessed dickwads. Such bands are Isis,Cult Of Luna,Explosions In The Sky,Sigur Ros,Godspeed! You Black Emperor to name afew, most of the bands listed above play instrumental songs that sound very very soothing, they are sometimes classified under Post-Rock or Post-Metal, The post-rock approach to music, is emphasised on instrumental work and sound textures, either very minimal vocals can be heard or they sound extremely unique, and people think they are shit. Just because they sound boring to them?

These bands speak louder than words with their music. They are music. True Musicians I would say. Listening to them makes you paint pictures of scenarios in your head, it gets you thinking. Listen to 'Weight' by Isis,'Glittering Blackness' by Explosions In The Sky, 'Njosjavelin by Sigur Ros', or 'Leave Me Here' by Cult Of Luna. Don't tell me you can't think of anything, and If you don't, you don't have the ability to imagine. But then again, like I said earlier, It's up to your own personal opinion, and at least...at the very least, if you don't like the kind of music that different bands play, bands you have never heard before in your life, please don't make unecessary comments.

To sum it all up, "Do not insult what you do not understand."

That includes the paranormal as well, Lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home