Thursday, April 20, 2006

Onwward to Manhood!

I just read 'Kite Runner' by Khaled Hosseini. It's a really touching book about the life of Amir, who leaves his country, Afghanistan to America after Russian Forces invade his home country. Many political events take place in his life as he strives to be independent and responsible, But the book,basically is an intimate account of family,friendship,betrayal and salvation. One of the best books I've ever read in my entire life. Get it if you can!

This book actually got me thinking, about being responsible, about being a man. It's quite scary in a way, I'm already 15 years old, and I honestly don't think I can look after myself on my own. But I know one day I have to, I have to face my fears, I have to learn to be responsible. I'm quite frightened at the thought of going out to the real world on my own in the future. Yup, and I ain't shy to admit it. Amir kind of reminds me of me in the book, when he was young, he was a coward, a timid and nervous individual, although he does change and become responsible in the end, and hopefully I do too. Ah well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home